Famous Graves Found Around New York City
The Joes ventured to the Big Apple and its boroughs to visit the graves of the rich, famous, and infamous. This first volume of the Gotham Graves series focuses on those persons interred in and around New York City who were interesting figures in their times. Farrell and Farley have combed New York City to bring you the most entertaining biographies about interesting people buried in New York. Included in this volume:
- Louis Armstrong "What a Wonderful World"
- Anne Bancroft "And Here's to You Mrs. Robinson"
- Nellie Bly "Lonely Orphan Girl"
- James Cagney "You Dirty Rat"
- George M. Cohan "Yankee Doodle Dandy"
- Jim Farley "As Maine Goes So Goes Vermont"
- Ulysses Grant "Uncle Sam"
- Alexander Hamilton "America's Financial Founder"
- Billie Holiday "Lady Day"
- Harry Houdini "Master of Illusion"
- Alan King "King of Comedy"
- John Lennon "Give Peace a Chance"
- William Barclay "Bat" Masterson "The Batman"
- Gouverneur Morris "The Penman of the Constitution"
- Robert Moses "The Master Builder"
- Joseph Petrosino "New York's Finest"
- Grantland Rice "Granny"
- Jackie Robinson "42"
- George Herman "Babe" Ruth "The Sultan of Swat"
- Soupy Sales "A Pie in the Face"
- Al Smith "The Happy Warrior"
- Elizabeth Stanton "The Solitude of Self"
- Ed Sullivan "The Toast of the Town"
- Dave Van Ronk "The Mayor of MacDougal Street"
Page Count: 250
Trim Size: 8 x 10
Publish Date: December 20, 2015
Imprint: Sunbury Press
History / US History / Mid-Atlantic