Henry John Martin Klein, Ph.D. (1873-1965), also known as Harry and "Mr. Lancaster," was the son of George and Sarah Rebecca Schaeffer Klein. According to his Franklin and Marshall College 1929 Yearbook biography, he had been a student at Muhlenberg College 1889-1891 and A. B. Franklin and Marshall College, 1893; He received his Ph. D. Degree from Franklin and Marshall College, 1907. He studied at the University of Berlin, 1899 and the Theological Seminary of Reformed Church of Lancaster, 1893-1896; He was an Ordained Minister of Reformed Church, 1896, Pastor of Grace Church, York, Pa., 1896-1905, and Zion Church, Allentown, Pa. 1905-1910. He was an Audenried Professor of History and Archaeology, Franklin and Marshall since 1910, and Professor of History, University of Pittsburgh Summer School, 1912. He was President of the Eastern Synod of Reformed Church, 1914-1915, and a member of the American Academy of Political and Social Sciences. He belonged to Phi Gamma Delta, Phi Beta Kappa, and Tau Kappa Alpha. Dr. Klein contributed articles on history, religion, and philosophy to various periodicals, as well as to the Lancaster Intelligencer. He was a member of the American Historical Association and president of the Pennsylvania Historical Institute.