Supporting the Work of Children, Youth and Families Toward Permanency.
Stories of Hope & Healing for Children, Youth and Families
WITH CONTRIBUTIONS BY: Celia Anthony, Kristie Esquivel, Laura Hutchinson, Lacy Kendrick, Garry Krentz, Angela Look, Tammy Lundgren, Lynn Radcliff Macadangdang, Gregory Manning, Tina Moore, Marta Smith, Carol Steffen, Lorraine Viade, Stephanie Wolfe
- Chapter 1: A BeginningI Want to Tell a Story
- Chapter 2: The Hope for Belongingness: Actualizing a Vision for Permanency using the 3-5-7 Model
- Chapter 3: A Personal Story of Clarification, Integration and Actualization by Stephanie Wolfe
- Chapter 4: A Mult-Agency Team Approach: A Case Study Illustration by Gregory Manning
- Chapter 5: Applications of the 3-5-7 Model: Pilot Project with W.R.A.P. Providers in Los Angeles County by Lorraine Viade
- Chapter 6: Stories of Working Through Grief & Building Relationships by Laura Hutchinson
- Chapter 7: Lifebooks and Adolescents by Lynn Radcliff Macadangdang and Marta Smith
- Chapter 8: Play Therapy and the 3-5-7 Model by Tina Moore
- Chapter 9: New Morning Grief Camp and the 3-5-7 Model by Carol Steffeb and Tammy Lundgren
- Chapter 10: Kern County, California: A Pilot Project to Implement the 3-5-7 Model by Kristie Esquivel and Angela Look
- Chapter 11: My Personal Mission: A Safe Place for Every Child to Call Home, A Resource Parent's Experience by Garry Krentz
- Chapter 12: A Common Language of Loss and Grief by Celia Anthony
- Chapter 13: Finally Getting Adopted by Lacy Kendrick
Praise for the 3-5-7 Model:
"It has so much truth and down to earth reality and Greatness in it that I have the paperback cover worn out."
"I have used the model repeatedly with children of all ages while helping with Lifebooks. But more than that, I have been using it to teach the adults in the lives of these same children. I've used it to help them understand what the children are going through because, most of the time, the children can't express it for themselves."
"It's the children's behaviors that are their voices. The 3-5-7 model translates that language into words so adults can understand. I'm just the interpreter."
"The 3-5-7 Model is child friendly and kids are easily engaged."
"The 3-5-7 Model... allows worker to get to know child and increases child's ability to communicate."
"I truly feel lucky to have participated in this training early on in my career and I know that the children I work with will definitely benefit because of it."by Darla Henry
Page Count: 184
Trim Size: 6 x 9
Publish Date: March 28, 2023
Imprint: Oxford Southern
Genre: Grief Counseling