How to protect yourself and your community from COVID-19 and similar infections.
COVID-19 is disrupting life around the world. People in every country are forced to adjust their lives and protect themselves and loved ones from this sweeping pandemic. But the concept of a pandemic is not new. No matter the outcome of this strain of coronavirus, a pandemic can always hit.
So what can you do to better understand COVID-19 and similar infections?
SKILLS TO OBSTRUCT PANDEMICS is a short but comprehensive how-to guide for people who want to protect themselves and others in current and future pandemics. These strategies can be done by everyone, and the language in STOP is easy to read without prior medical knowledge. It offers practical information and actionable daily practices to help flatten the curve. This is not a first-aid kit to treat COVID-19; it’s a zeroth-aid kit to help you avoid it.
The author team includes MDs, RNs, and PhDs with knowledge of medicine, nursing, public health and disaster medicine, and learning theory. The people who reviewed it included further MDs, nurses, a psychologist, and a nutritionist.
This book includes:
- A quiz at the end of each section to help you retain information and begin healthy practices
- Information on how COVID-19 transmits through the air
- Daily strategies to help you avoid coronavirus and live in quarantine
- Useful resources for external reading on important topics
- Access to an online tutor to help you understand how viruses spread and how to stop it
- All references included as an easy to access web site
- And much more
by Frank Ritter, Amanda Clase, Stephanie Leigh Harvill, Martin K.-C. Yeh, Renuka Elizabeth Joseph, Jeffrey Oury, Alexis (Lex) Fenstermacher, Jacob D. Oury, Edward Glantz, Mathieu Brener, James J. James
Page Count: 202
Trim Size: 8 x 10
Publish Date: December 2020
Imprint: Sunbury Press
HEALTH & FITNESS / General
HEALTH & FITNESS / Diseases / General
MEDICAL / Infectious Diseases